Follow Trustwave on Twitter, connect with us on LinkedIn and like us on Facebook.
1) Apple patched a highly critical "root" vulnerability that permitted anyone with physical access to a Mac machine running the High Sierra operating system to gain full admin access, but the fix came with a major glitch.
2) Websites can still use your computing power to mine cryptocurrency even after you've closed out of the site.
3) The Firefox browser will soon alert you if you're visiting a website that has sustained a data breach.
4) Two notorious pieces of malware are back in business: Necurs is winding up a new malicious spam campaign, and IoT-targeting Mirai infected tens of thousands of devices.
5) The Ursnif Trojan received a refurbishment and is again on the prowl, redirecting unsuspecting victims to fake banking sites.