1. Oracle announced that its Java plug-in is going away, a move that security experts hope will limit the risk of attacks taking advantage of vulnerable versions of the software.
2. Just today, the database giant released an emergency update for Java.
3. Large numbers of WordPress sites have been compromised to direct people to ransomware.
4. Microsoft is putting the heat on users to migrate to Windows 10.
5. Building on previously deployed precautionary alerts, Google announced it will now warn Chrome users about malicious embedded content.