1) Researchers discovered a new piece of stealthy malware, dubbed "MaMi," which targets Mac OS X devices and hijacks DNS settings.
2) Microsoft released fixes for more than 50 vulnerabilities, including formally addressing the highly publicized Meltdown and Spectre issues.
3) An errantly sent emergency message warning of an imminent missile strike toward Hawaii was not the work of hackers, as some initially believed.
4) The FBI is thwarting significantly fewer "cyber rings," and observers aren't exactly sure why.
5) Authorities busted a 28-year-old American man accused of being behind the mysterious "Fruitfly" malware.