1) Security researchers uncovered multiple malicious Google Chrome extensions, which were conducting click fraud, followed by another one that is "next to impossible" to remove.
2) Oracle shipped 237 patches to squash vulnerabilities as part of 2018's first security update from the database giant.
3) The widely deployed Transmission BitTorrent app, for which proof-of-concept code was published, contains a major weakness that could give attackers control of your computer.
4) Three weeks after they were announced, the Meltdown and Spectre chip flaws remain a problem for businesses.
5) Android spy malware from a Lebanese advanced persistent threat-style group has global ramifications.