1) The Rakhni Trojan has been revamped to be dual purpose: either launch a ransomware or cryptomining attack depending on its attacker's wishes.
2) Speaking of two, the WellMess malware can target Windows or Linux operating systems.
3) Russia President Vladimir Putin is calling on nations to form closer cooperation around cybersecurity.
4) Chinese tech giant Huawei trotted out fixes in some of its products for a cryptography vulnerability.
5) Halfway through 2018, what have malicious hacks looked like so far?