1) The FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center's annual report shows CEO fraud as the most costly reported crime type, while ransomware losses were likely significantly underreported.
2) Microsoft downplayed the severity of the "Fireball" malware threat, which outside researchers have claimed impacts some one-fifth of all corporate networks.
3) Successful attacks against Apple iOS may be far less common than ones targeting Google Android, but they have bigger consequences when they do happen.
4) Microsoft decided against patching a Windows 10 issue that could allow the bypass of kernel protection.
5) U.S. lawmakers are pressing President Trump for more information about the possibility of foreign disruption to the power grid.