1) Microsoft's Windows 10 Anniversary Update, released in August to Windows 10 machines, included anti-ransomware protection, the company announced.
2) An affordable new tool created by a white-hat security researcher shows that a computer can be locally attacked even if it is locked with a difficult-to-crack password.
3) The Carbanak cybercrime group has turned its stealthy and efficient malware on the hospitality industry.
4) Of all of the Internet of Things devices that could place your company at risk, surveillance cameras may be the riskiest.
5) Firefox Version 50, featuring bug fixes and new capabilities, was released.