The latest update to the TrustKeeper scan engine that powers our Trustwave Vulnerability Management product (including both internal and external vulnerability scanning) is now available.
This week we've included 18 new vulnerability checks, one of which includes a check for the popular WordPress XML-RPC Pingback vector of the GHOST vulnerability that we discussed (and PoC'd) in a recent blog post. In addition, we've also added protocol support for DB2.
New Vulnerability Test Highlights
Some of the more interesting vulnerability tests we added recently are as follows:
- Cross Site Scripting Vulnerability in Adobe ColdFusion 8.0.1 and Prior Versions (CVE-2014-5315)
- Cisco ASA DNS Inspection Engine Denial of Service Vulnerability (CSCuo68327) (CVE-2014-3388)
- Cisco ASA GTP Inspection Engine Denial of Service Vulnerability (CSCum56399, CVE-2014-3386)
- Cisco ASA Local Path Inclusion Vulnerability (CSCtq52661, CVE-2014-3391)
- Cisco ASA SQL*NET Inspection Engine Denial of Service Vulnerability (CSCum46027, CVE-2014-3382)
- Cisco ASA SunRPC Inspection Denial of Service Vulnerability (CSCun11074, CVE-2014-3387)
- Cisco IOS ACL Denial of Service Vulnerability (CSCts16133, CVE-2012-5037)
- Cisco IOS DHCPv6 Denial of Service Vulnerability (cisco-sa-20140924-dhcpv6, CVE-2014-3359)
- Cisco IOS Outgoing SSH Denial of Service Vulnerability (CSCto00318, CVE-2012-4638)
- Cisco IOS SIP Denial of Service Vulnerability (cisco-sa-20140924-sip, CVE-2014-3360)
- Heap Overflow Vulnerability in glibc via gethostbyname() (CVE-2015-0235)
- RDP FIPS Encryption Not Supported
- RDP FIPS Encryption Supported but Not Required
- RDP Null Encryption Supported
- RDP Weak Encryption Supported
- Oracle Fusion Middleware October 2014 CPU (CVE-2014-2880, CVE-2014-6462, CVE-2014-6487, CVE-2014-6499, CVE-2014-6522, CVE-2014-6534, CVE-2014-6552, CVE-2014-6553, CVE-2014-6554)
- Oracle Solaris Buffer Errors vulnerability in libXtsol (CVE-2014-0397)
- Samba NetBIOS name services binary (nmbd) allows remote code execution (CVE-2014-3560)
How to Update?
All Trustwave customers using the TrustKeeper Scan Engine receive the updates automatically as soon as an update is available. No action is required.