The latest update to the TrustKeeper Scan Engine is now available for your scanning enjoyment.
A couple weeks ago, the phpMyAdmin and SourceForge teams released advisories on a recent hack that resulted in a backdoored php file ("server_sync.php") being distributed with the source code of phpMyAdmin on SourceForge servers. According to the SourceForge statement, only about 400 downloads of the software occurred during the time the files were being hosted. However, we're encouraging all users who have downloaded phpMyAdmin recently to validate that they have not installed the backdoored version. This TrustKeeper Scan Engine update includes a vulnerability test to detect the presence of the phpMyAdmin backdoor.
A number of DoS vulnerabilities for Cisco IOS were released within the last month. This update includes vulnerability tests for many of these Cisco IOS vulnerabilities with even more coming in the next engine update. If you are running Cisco IOS in your environment, we encourage you to upgrade to the latest stable version as soon as possible.
Lastly, as always, this update includes improvements to existing tests and better reporting evidence.
New Vulnerability Test Highlights
Some of the more interesting vulnerability tests we added recently are as follows:
* Cisco IOS Software Network Address Translation Vulnerabilities (CVE-2012-4618, CVE-2012-4619)
* Cisco IOS DHCPv6 Server Denial of Service Vulnerability (CVE-2012-4623)
* Cisco IOS Tunnel Interface Input Queue DoS Vulnerability (CVE-2012-4620)
* Cisco IOS Software DHCP Denial of Service Vulnerability (CVE-2012-4621)
* Joomla! 404 Page SQL Injection (CVE-2012-1116)
* OpenSSL Ciphersuite Modification Allows Disabled Cipher Security Bypass Vulnerability (CVE-2008-7270)
* OpenSSL zlib_stateful_finish Function Denial of Service Vulnerability (CVE-2009-4355)
* OpenSSL ssl3_get_key_exchange Double Free Vulnerability (CVE-2010-2939)
* OpenSSL JPAKE validation error Vulnerability (CVE-2010-4252)
* OpenSSL ECC Info Disclosure via Timing Attack Vulnerability (CVE-2011-1945)
* phpMyAdmin 126.96.36.199 server_sync.php Backdoor (CVE-2012-5159)
How to Update?
All Trustwave customers using the TrustKeeper Scan Engine receive the updates "auto-magically" as soon as an update is available. No action is required.