SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA (October 20, 2009) - Trustwave, the leading provider of on-demand data security and payment card industry compliance management solutions to businesses and organizations throughout the world, has cemented its leadership position as the premier provider of Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliance validation for all merchant-levels in Asia-Pacific. Trustwave's Merchant Compliance Program helps acquiring banks, Independent Sales Organizations (ISOs) and processors validate their merchant population compliant with the PCI DSS.
PCI DSS is the payment card industry security requirement for entities that store, process or transmit cardholder data, and has been endorsed by American Express, Discover Network, JCB, MasterCard Worldwide and Visa, Inc. All merchants fall into one of four levels based on Visa transaction volume over a 12-month period. Trustwave's compliance program helps Level 2, 3 and 4 merchants validate their PCI DSS compliance.
Committed to assisting these merchants meet their PCI DSS compliance obligations, Trustwave's Merchant Compliance Program will provide the following solutions:
- Compliance Management: TrustKeeper®, Trustwave's on-demand compliance management solution provides merchants the automated tools necessary to support on-going compliance such as quarterly network vulnerability scans, intelligent Self-Assessment Questionnaire (SAQ) completion and TrustKeeper Agent, an on-site monitoring software that performs policy checks and inspects for prohibited data storage on any installed system.
- On-Demand Assistance: PCI Assistant, a proprietary, on-demand online video tutorial helps merchants through general cardholder data security, the PCI DSS and how to comply with the PCI DSS.
- Policies and Procedures: Helps merchants maintain a strict security posture, as well as, compliance support services for those businesses requiring additional guidance to become PCI DSS compliant.
- Managed Security Services: Helps merchants remediate vulnerabilities and meet PCI DSS requirements with managed offerings that include Security Event and Log Management, Network Access Control, Data Loss Prevention, Intrusion Detection and Protection, Unified Threat Management, secure e-mail and more.
- SSL Certificates: For e-commerce merchants who need help securing Web communication and protecting e-commerce transactions to reinforce customer trust.
"Many of these merchants do not have an IT or security team in place to help meet compliance mandates," says Robert J. McCullen, chairman and CEO of Trustwave. "Trustwave's localized expertise in Asia and Australia will provide our strategic partners and their merchants with proprietary technology that will help validate and maintain their compliance and secure their network environment."
"The Commonwealth Bank supports the importance of data security standards put in place by the PCI Council. Our resolve to provide a cost effective and state of the art compliance solution for our entire merchant base has led to our new partnership with Trustwave," says Dominic White, general manager of merchant solutions, Commonwealth Bank of Australia. "We endeavour to spread the ongoing message of data security and join the likes of Visa and MasterCard in the fight against data theft."About Trustwave
Trustwave is a leading provider of on-demand and subscription-based information security and payment card industry compliance management solutions to businesses and government entities throughout the world. For organizations faced with today's challenging data security and compliance environment, Trustwave provides a unique approach with comprehensive solutions that include its flagship TrustKeeper® compliance management software and other proprietary security solutions including SIEM , WAF , EV SSL certificates and secure digital certificates . Trustwave has helped hundreds of thousands of organizations-ranging from Fortune 500 businesses and large financial institutions to small and medium-sized retailers-manage compliance and secure their network infrastructures, data communications and critical information assets. Trustwave is headquartered in Chicago with offices throughout North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. For more information, visit https://www.trustwave.com .