Trustwave’s new MDR offerings garnered recognition from IDC as differentiated due to the inclusion of Security Colony as part of the offering. Security Colony, now bundled in with Trustwave MDR offerings, is a Resource Library of 400+ documents derived directly from real-life consulting engagements with clients. The project deliverables have been anonymized and made available to clients. Organizations benefit from the extensive library of policies, standards, templates, and tools, that support a broad range of topics including international frameworks, planning documents, reporting, amongst many others.
IDC’s Craig Robinson, Research Vice President, Security Services and Cathy Huang, Research Director, Security Services Worldwide, in a research opinion paper* called Trustwave’s recent inclusion of a Security Colony subscription with its two Managed Detection and Response offerings as a feature setting the company apart from the competition.
“The hidden gem of Trustwave Security Colony finally gets its day in the sun by being packaged up in both tiers. Yes, having a dedicated client success manager in both tiers is nice, and the security engineers that sharpen the analytics, rules and policies for optimal performance and detection is a welcomed feature, but the true differentiator in this announcement is the inclusion of Trustwave Security Colony,” the IDC researchers said.
The IDC paper continued, noting that the vendor offerings in the Managed Detection and Response (MDR) market are not monolithic but generally include some standard items.
“Trustwave’s latest offering announcement includes some standard items that other managed security SPs can also claim to offer, but the inclusion of the Trustwave Security Colony offering is a differentiator,” the IDC researchers said. The announcement includes some standard items that other managed security SPs can also claim to offer, but the inclusion of the Trustwave Security Colony offering is a differentiator,” the IDC researchers said.
IDC: Trustwave Introduces Elevated Crowdsourcing to the Mix by Adding Security Colony into their New MDR Offerings
The Managed Detection and Response (MDR) market offerings are not monolithic as there can be different levels of features within a providers’ portfolio as well as vast differences between the growing number of Managed Security Service Providers (SPs) that have an MDR service. Trustwave’s latest offering announcement includes some standard items that other managed security SPs can also claim to offer, but the inclusion of the Trustwave Security Colony offering is a differentiator.
Please click the download now button to gain access to the complete IDC Link.
The Security Colony Difference
Security Colony is a powerful self-service resource for CISOs that gives them direct access to a variety of tools that will allow them to self-diagnose problem.
A Security Colony subscription varies in cost depending upon the level of service required and there is also a basic free version available. All subscribers gain access to the:
- The Resource and Video Library - The Security Colony Resource Librarycontains 17 categories covering almost 400 topics. Trustwave has created all the documentation based on actual work we've conducted for organizations which we then make available to our subscribers. Security Colony's Video Library contains a wealth of information for folks looking for an introductory lesson on a particular topic, say phishing or identifying an insecure WiFi connection. Senior Trustwave consultants present the videos.
- Maturity Assessment - The Security Colony Maturity Assessmentis a self-paced tool that will measure if an organization's security can defeat today's cyber threats. The threat assessment analyzes your industry and the nature and size of your business. It uses NIST Cyber Security Framework to assess your ability to identify, protect, detect, respond and recover appropriately to maintain a suitable level of security.
- Vendor Risk Assessment - Supply chainattacks are becoming a common occurrence, so it's imperative that an organization understand the risk imposed by their vendors. Security Colony uses a range of free, open-source, and commercial tools to complete over 20 distinct checks against a company's online footprint, packaging this analysis in an easy-to-use interface detailing the identified risks and providing an overall risk score and grade for the assessed organization.
- Breach Monitor - The Breach Monitorlets you know when and if your domains and related entities have become a topic of conversation on the dark web. The tool allows you to create a set group of searches that will run daily against public and private breach and ransomware sources. If a breach is discovered, Trustwave will issue a notification and point to the public and dark web data sources for occurrences.
- Public and Private Forums - Security Colony maintains two types of forums. A public version for those who hold only a basic subscription service where you can ask Security Colony's cybersecurity consultants for advice and support.
* Trustwave Introduces Elevated Crowdsourcing to the Mix by Adding Security Colony into their New MDR Offerings, Doc #lcUS49298622, June 2022