1. Oracle dropped a record patch release - 248 patches to fix issues across some 50 products - and is urging everyone to apply the fixes as soon as possible.
2. Google patched a zero-day kernel vulnerability that affected Linux PCs and servers (including Android devices), but the internet giant downplayed its severity.
3. And while we're on the patch train, Apple pushed fixes for Mac OS X and iOS systems.
4. Security incidents affecting critical infrastructure significantly jumped in 2015.
5. Feature or bug? Hackers may have a way to eavesdrop on corporate conference calls.
Bonus: Happy 30th Birthday to Brain, believed to be the first personal computer virus.