In the past, organizations could grade their security efforts by how well they were able to divert attacks and halt intruders. Nowadays, it is not that easy. With security incidents commonplace, businesses are better served judging the effectiveness of their data protection by how well they can mitigate onslaughts and incursions, from breaches to insider threats to ransomware assaults.
Proper incident readiness and response (IR) planning - truly the last line of defense for organizations wanting to avoid a disastrous incident - has become arguably a far more conclusive benchmark for measuring the success of a security program than any preventive technology. In fact, studies have shown that one of the best ways to help offset the hefty costs of a breach and generate security ROI is through effective IR.
Yet IR programs, due to a lack of awareness and knowledge, as well as a shortage of available resources and budget, are widely under supported and under allocated.
Which is why we've prepared a brand-new e-book - The Hassle-Free Guide to Dominating Your Next Security Incident - to help you build up effective IR by making the case for why it is important and defining the integrated steps you need to take to be both proactive and reactive, from vulnerability discovery and threat detection to evidence acquisition and post-mortem analysis, when addressing an incident.
Everything you need to know is conveniently contained in this 26-page tactical playbook, including:
- How incidents and threat actors are characterized by different outcomes and motivations.
- How to use vulnerability and threat detection to minimize the likelihood a full-blown incident occurs in the first place.
- How to prep your organization for an incident, including who needs to be on the response team.
- How to act to minimize the duration and damage an incident can cause.
- How to acquire and analyze evidence, and accelerate recovery time.
- How to learn from your mistakes so you can do better next time.
Download your free copy right now!